Carbon Monoxide Safety Initiative

ACV Triangle Tube takes the initiative in spreading awareness for carbon monoxide safety and homeowner responsibility.

At the heart of ACV Triangle Tube's innovation is a consumer centric focus dedicated to the pursuit of Excellence through efficiency, savings, and satisfaction. Our mantra, "One Vision, One Team, One Excellence" is visible in the craftsmanship of our products which provide homeowners and their families with ideal heating solutions. It is because of this belief that we also place such a high value on consumer safety and homeowner responsibility.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "more than 400 Americans die each year from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning with over 20,000 requiring medical attention". For those who survive these deadly encounters, the probability for permanent neurological damage significantly increases. With the winter season upon us and an increased risk for exposure, we are taking the initiative to remind homeowners and heating professionals of how they can protect themselves and each other from the "silent killer".

Although carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that often goes undetected, there is an easy, low cost step that home owners can take to keep themselves safe; installing a CO detector and alarm. Did you know that most U.S. cities require that commercial establishments as well as residential dwellings have carbon monoxide detectors and alarms installed? Any appliance in the home that burns fuel (stove, fire place, hot water heater, boilers) creates carbon monoxide during the burning process. If the heating unit were damaged or if the venting were modified by someone other than a qualified contractor, the home could be exposed to CO gases. Therefore we strongly urge any and all home owners to place a CO detector and alarm in the room where their heating system has been installed.

We cannot stress enough the value and importance of having these devices installed throughout the home and in areas with high CO activity. Detectors and alarms are readily available at your local hardware store and should be installed on each floor. Batteries on carbon monoxide detectors and alarms should always be checked and replaced as needed. We also strongly advise that homeowners leave the repairing of any fuel burning appliances to qualified heating professionals. Tampering with sophisticated hydronic equipment without the necessary training, skill-sets, and experience can compromise the integrity of the unit and increase the risk for a leak. Safety is a priority for us at ACV Triangle Tube; join us in our effort by ensuring that every homeowner has a CO detector and alarm installed today.